Sunday, November 27, 2005

LuXuRy... by mY standards

It’s been a while since my last real post… so to have just choked you up with worthless pieces of junk… I didn’t want you to get dusty… that’s all… *smiles*
So what’s up with me this past week…?! Let me just start by saying I have been slacking off just because I slaved away the week before, getting up at 7 am and all… sheesh… people always smile when I say “… I didn’t work my ass off through university just to wake up with those that sell vegetables in the market…” I guess they must be saying to themselves what a ‘lazy-spoilt-fatass’ kid I must be. I don’t mind… I just see things differently, I define luxury and success differently (I recently realized). I don’t hanker for money (not that much at least). I work because I want to… and my job now lets me keep my hours and I get to do my masters. That’s when I realized how lucky I am. I don’t slave away because I feel I have enough, sure I can’t afford my own private jet, but I don’t think I need a private jet… I am rambling, I know. But try and understand me… I get to wake up at 10 am everyday, noon if I want to, hangout with my family the whole day, I see Puteri growing up everyday, I get to go wherever I want, if I want to stay in my sarung the whole day I can, I go to the office just to make sure my work is done, maybe I’ll have to teach next semester, but that’s just a few hours a week… I can spend the whole day on my PSII if I want… I am 24 and I have a Chemical Engineering Degree, and soon a MEngSc and god willing a PhD (then I’ll be Raja Dr. Shazrin… muhahaha people mispronounce my name all the time and call me Raja Nazrin anyway… so I might as well go all out and be Raja Dr. Nazrin… like the crown prince…) and I get my way. When I see my friends working 9 to 5 Monday to Friday… I don’t know… I just feel blessed.
I guess from CEO to tutor has done me a bit of good… after all teaching IS a noble job, so my degree was not in vain. Like most of my friends that end up in sales or even worse engineers doing clerical stuff… yeesh…
Oh dear look at the time… I have to be in Port Dickson in a while (Raya open house tak habih2 lagi… *wink*) so we’ll get to last week when I get back okay.
Bless.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So then ... are you currently teaching?

Anonymous said...

we are on holiday now... i am just moderating some subjects for now... but soon yes...

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Is that high school? Or college?

Anonymous said...

University of Malaya...
where do you study?!

Anonymous said...

luckily most of my batch turn out to become real civil engineers..only few ventured into sales.marketing..but so far none doing clerical thingy..heheh

Anonymous said...

Civil Engineers have it good I think... they usually make the big bucks... hehe