Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Nocheinmal, bitte langsam!

Today was the usual ass shaping day where I have to work my ass walking back and forth to Linguistics Fac busy day for me… had classes from 2 to 7. In the morning I had some extra Separations 2 tutorial requested by my overenthusiastic students. I know I am busy and that time could be used to settle of some of the pending matters but I just can’t say no… I like teaching what can I say… the preparation is horrendous but I think its well worth it. Slept at 3 am yesterday trying to figure out to explain what wet bulb temperature is so they’d understand… but they didn’t… I guess you can’t win em’ all… but the class was okay overall I would say. I managed to go through question 2, which everyone was asking about within that one hour… and I also sorted out my name… Shazrin I told them to call me… was quite irritated to be called Tutor! Tutor!...

German was quite fun today… although I was caught off guard when the lecturer asked Wie alt sind Sie? I stared at her dumbfounded… it was almost a minute before I managed vierundzwanzig Jahre alt … but she wasn’t too pissed… considering I had been drilling Ich bin Shazrin. Ich bin vierundzwanzig Jahre alt. I was quite surprised that I’d freeze like that… but I think I can manage the Wie haißen Sie? Wo wohnen Sie?… oh well… she showed the class some corny German video… it was quite amusing… had the “happy family game” afterwards…

Spanish was rather bland today… just learning a few conjugations and stuff like that…

Dead tired by the time I get back…

Need rest…

Bless…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Shazrin. We are ur third year separation 2 students. Thanks for ur explaination about wet bulb temp. u ll become a good lecturer in the coming future, for sure. v really appreciated what u had done for us. Thanks a lot. Have a nice weekend.

Regards,
siew mei, yen fang and lian chin.

Unknown said...

wah... student also visit ah?! how nice... thanx for dropping by okay...