Thursday, December 23, 2004

First Post

How do we start this....?! Hmm.... Well, the fact that I am up this late shows that I have not life... That doesn't sound nice... Actually, a friend introduced me to this blog thing and I am really not sure how to begin... So to those who feel like they have wasted their time on my blog, I offer my sincerest apologies...
I will start by talking about myself I guess... I am 23 years old, a chemical engineer, still single... Gosh this sucks... You know what... I just realized that I've got nothing nice that I can share... I see my life, thus far, as a long boring black and white movie. Ever since I graduated last August life has been a bitch. Literally. I have lost my sense of being. It was really bad at first. I started sleeping. I really mean SLEEPING to make up for lost times. After a week or so I started to get sick of sleeping, that’s when reality knocks you in the head... HARD. So what are you going to do now? When that question can't be answered I really panicked. This is when you take a deep breath and recompose yourself. The picture doesn’t fall into place so easily though, it sure took some time. Especially with no one to lead the way. You realise that each wrong step you might take has dire effects on your future. Even a slight miscalculation could mean devastation. Well, not really. But when you realise that you'd have to start paying your own cellphone bills, buy your own clothes, shoes and stuff, and actually start saving to buy a car, a house, get married... this is when you start to plan. I was lucky enough to be dumped into the family business so even though I wanted to further my studies to take up my Masters Degree I could still make a handsome amount of cash. Well, enough to get me by at least. Getting used to your job is another story on its own. As if getting your life back on track wasn't enough. After a few months, everything starts to clear up; you get used to your job; you don't miss your friends so damned much; and you don't stay up too late when you don't have to anymore. Responsibility grows on you. For now I am content with my life, although at times it’s still a bitch; and I am happy with what I have accomplished thus far. There's a long way to go.
~~ShaZ

No comments: