Friday, December 24, 2004

Re-Evaluation of me...

Tonight... Eh?!.. Well, this morning I feel bad for earning more money, feel bad for being born with a title, and feel bad coz I wear a Tag. I just realised how I have taken things for granted over the years. I just realised that an average employee making MYR2,000/month would have to spend at least MYR600 for rent, MYR600 or so for an average car, MYR100 for electricity, water and phone if he is cautious with usage, MYR300 for food, petrol and other things; which leave him/her MYR400 or so to save. Let’s see... MYR200 goes to the wedding fund; MYR200 left for mom and dad... Gosh...!!! How would he/she ever afford a Tag?! What about education loans, medical bills, and other stuff...?! But they manage... and I shouldn't take these for granted.
Gosh it's late and those motorcycles are still racing around and creating a ruckus...
I realised this after chatting to a Silly Cow. You see I got back really late coz I had a business meeting that dragged on until almost midnight... By the time I got back it was already 12:30 or so... I am really tired and I am really zoned out from all that talking... I am also very lonely coz it been like months since I've seen any of my friends for a decent duration of time :-(. Somehow or rather, he starting disputing my simpleness and 'attacked' my little Tag. I realise that not many might have the luxury so I am thankful and I pledge to be appreciative of all the benefits that God has to offer me. A quick peek into the mailbox earlier unveiled a white envelope with my name peeking through the window prefixed with Yang Mulia... Suck ups… Oh well I thought... When I got in I threw it onto the dining table and took a shower to get ready for bed. Hooked up my laptop to check my e-mail... Gosh it took sometime for the thing to sign into Yahoo, MSN, Skype and for Outlook to launch. I checked the letter... Just Maybank reminding me how much I have charged to my credit card. I am not going to put figures here coz it's absurd. I checked my Hi5, Friendster and went through the junk mails in my inbox. Got an e-mail from a friend back in uni... That cheered me up a little... He said that he is moving to Singapore coz he got a job there. That's when I started to talk to a Silly Cow coz I needed help with this blog formatting. Well, we talked about many things but the Tag issue really touched me. It’s late and I am going to sign off here.
Thanks Silly Cow
~Shaz

No comments: