Thursday, December 23, 2004

“Lest you mistake me… for any other than a simple Man”

~~by Me

~~I've kept my head; I've kept my smile,
~~But how my heart aches... Oh, how its aches;

~~I am but only one, whilst they are all,
~~Trust not only one, 'cept it be the One
~~Doubt Him not, His love is great,
~~Have faith, 'tis harder than stone

~~My time I have spent, my trust have been broken,
~~My heart had been shattered, one time too many,
~~Yet still I am here... Faithful, deceived, and hurt,
~~Here I will stay... here I will stay;

~~Lest I be wasted, my soul shan’t condone it;

~~Lest I be a fool, O’ Merciful Lord I beg of thee’, don’t allow it;

~~I have traveled the destined path and hear the Muses sing,
~~I have stroked the deceiver of men and felt its wrath,
~~Still I kept on smiling;

~~If I was not truthful, strike me O’ Mighty One,
~~lest my heart filled with anger,
~~I shall treat the broken hearts, and mend the broken homes,
~~Then punish me Lord, for the words I have spoken
~~and the wrongs I failed to make right;

~~Lest I be a fool, let me lose the bet,
~~Lest I waste away, let me lose the bet,
~~Let me not be quiet, for others should learn from my sins,
~~Else strike me O’ Lord for I am of no use,
~~I pray to thee’,
~~I am a simple man;

~~O how I owe you dear heart,
~~My tears shed, O how you wept,
~~but you kept on, as I whispered: “… remember The Lord… remember thy Prophet…”
~~one by one they wilted, whilst I stayed on,
~~O how you wept, but I had to stay on,
~~To pass the message “O please Hold on!”

~~I am but a simple man,
~~Let me be honest with humanity,
~~Let me stand in awe,
~~Teach me humility,
~~else strike me O’ Lord;

~~Lest I lose my Humanity, let them hurt me;

~~I pray to You, O’ Merciful One, give me the strength to count on;

~~I have traveled this journey,
~~to which I still see no end,
~~I have ploughed the land, and planted the seeds,
~~I have kept on, O how you bled,
~~my poor arms, “… just a little more…”
~~lest You take my life away,
~~and I wasted the moments,
~~I am but a simple Man!

~~Shazrin
~~04.11.2004

No comments: