Monday, December 27, 2004

Grocery Shopping... and the Tsunami?!

I haven’t been writing much on my blog lately. Actually there’s not much to write anyway. I just stayed home mainly and the usual trip to Giant Hypermart on Burmah Street. I must go there a lot; the cashier lady recognizes me; the man trying to get people to join the Standard Charted Credit Balance Transfer Program recognizes me (after he’s tried to get me in a few times…). Gosh!!! There’s got to be another place that I could go for grocery shopping. There a Cold Storage in Gurney Plaza but going there is such a hassle; parking is a nightmare, the crowd is a bitch (I just can’t stand crowded places) and traffic is horrendous most of the time.
I was working on my Neopets when the tsunami hit Penang. I heard this noise and then I saw a white line (waves actually) coming our way. I thought it was weird because we never have waves here on Gurney Drive. Oh well… I went to the window to get a closer look. My two sisters followed along. The waves just kept coming and eventually overflowed onto the streets. Gosh… Some of the cars parked along the streets actually got swept by the bug waves. Ah well… I guess the coverage on the news is enough…
Gosh I am getting lazy again. Maybe I’ll write more tomorrow.
~ShaZ

No comments: