Thursday, January 06, 2005

Viva La Lunchroom....

Hey I am back. Actually I learned something from that guy I met yesterday. I especially like what he said about hospitals being a sick-care place instead of a health-care. He told me that money is not the most important thing in the world. Sure if we spend RM10 for a cup of coffee at the hotel coffeehouse and listen to music played u get pleasure out of it. But if we don’t have good health we cannot enjoy as well. I guess it’s true to an extent. I guess it’s a rich men’s philosophy. I know people who jeopardize their health and well for work and for what? MONEY… So some people see things differently. But it’s a good point though. I may have not put it nicely here but it really is a good point. Although I strongly believe that money IS equally important.
Yesterday night I was really beat for some reason. Perhaps it’s because I really enjoyed the LONG sleep from the night before ^_^. I made a mental note to retire early that night. So I switched on my notebook to check my email, and send out some legal documents to be reviewed by some of our financiers. That took some time. Fooled around with my Neopet and before I know it was already 1:00 am. So much for an early retirement. :-P
At that point Lenny signed in. I really like talking to Lenny because I really don’t know him that well and he’s about my age so I feel I can open up to him. I almost only interact with ‘old’ people so when I am chatting with Lenny it’s like I am talking to my friends back in KL. Gosh I miss them. On the other hand I really like the lifestyle here in Penang. Everything is not in fast-forward mode here. It takes only about five minutes (max) from my apartment to the office. There’s hardly ever traffic (I make it a point to stay off the roads during peak hours) and it always feels like I am living in a resort. Well, Lenny is a guy I met on Skype. He’s Singaporean and he’s really very smart. I subscribe to his blog nowadays and chat with him whenever I can. It’s like a window to the KL life for me, except I am not a witch like in Snow White. Anyway, we spent most of the time last night talking about sofas. His family is moving to a new house so they’re searching for a new sofa. I ended up recommending him to the places that we went back in KL. I learnt that no everyone goes for the Chesterfield set that I find 'to die for'. I think I must’ve have bored him because at one point he told me I should’ve been an architect or an interior decorator. Well, I wouldn’t have minded taking any one of those courses but I really do like Chemical Engineering as well. I also recommended that little shop in Lot 10. They have the most comfortable feather-down sofas. They also last like forever. I know this for a fact because a friend of ours bought the set and use it as her TV couch. Its really very durable coz after a few years it still looks like new. Well, enough about that.
Nothing much happened today as well (surprise of the century eh?!... :-P). Had my regular pool and sauna session and Mama made chicken pie for lunch. It was really nice. I always prefer home made ones to the ones we get from bakeries. Since I am watching my weight I only had two pieces. Considering that in only had peanut butter sandwich this morning (sprinkled with white chocolate chips… shame on me…) and the fact that I am skipping dinner; I should be loosing some weight (soon... yeah right). Hopefully.
Met Mr. Loke in the sauna as usual. We had our opening conversation about the business condition in Malaysia and how businesses are suffering now. By that time the thermometer was already showing 175 degrees. Gosh I was really cooking in there. He must’ve have noticed it too because he followed me when I left the room for about five minutes. We went back in and it was time for my free lesson in golf (he has been trying to get me into golf for months now… soon… I keep telling him). Somehow the conversation drifted about this good Chinese masseuse. He told me she was partly the reason he won last year’s Penang Turf Club Championship. Oh well, I’ll go visit her one of these day. He promised to hook me up when this woman actually comes back from China. I sure could use some fixing for my back at this point of time.
It was about 7:20 pm when I came up, did my dusk prayers quickly and got dressed to go to Giant Hypermart. Need to the formula milk for my cute lil’ niece. My credit card statement also came in today. I just counted the figures… One… Two… Three… Four… no fifth digit… okay I am still alright. I really am spending a lot nowadays. Don’t really see where the money goes to though. Oh well, at least I am happy… to an extent.
Hey I forgot to write about my chat with Reef. She’s the gal I was really close to back during my internship in Puchong. She was telling me of her preparations to go to Germany in March. Her brother is getting engaged too. Everyone seems to be doing well (my friends from uni that is…). I am happy for them… Wish I could feel the same about me. I must be some unthankful brat… but I feel that there’s still plenty that could do… it’s stupid to want more work right?! But that’s really how I feel. I don’t like to feel useless. I’ll work for that lunchroom of mine. This time I won’t let no stupid fat agent nor the bloody bloodsucking landlord fool around with me. I’ll work on this. Hopefully, it will keep me occupied for some time. Heheheh… I still want that La Pavoni coffee machine… (I blame Lenny for this…) I’ll be back soon…
Oh… today’s episode of Mi Gorda Bella was good…
~ShaZ

No comments: