Sunday, January 30, 2005

Kuala Kangsar for the weekend...

Hello Blog… It’s been a while since my last post. So much has happened since then. I have wanted to post, and there is so much I want to post; but I have been so busy. Maybe I’ll do it in the future. Work and other stuff have been keeping me preoccupied these two weeks. I had to travel to KL and back for a few meetings. Boy that was tiring. I am glad that a few things are moving along now. For the company that is. So let’s start about today’s post.
A large portion of today was spent in the car; we drove back from Kuala Kangsar taking the old route. It sure took longer; an hour or so longer; but the trip was quite worth it. We managed to spend some quality family time together (Mama, Abah, Tanti, Anna, Puteri and I). Trips on the PLUS highway seem so rushed and business related to me lately. It’s been too familiar to me. I have recognized some trees and houses along the way; having traveled from Penang to KL and back to many times. The trips are just becoming too familiar. Anyway, let’s not talk about that. Not today…
Abah wanted to so much to ‘sembah’ (introduce) Puteri to his grandmother. She’s old and cute. Having lived 94 years she’s buried all but one of her children. It was quite weird to see your great grandmother and your niece in one place. Puteri was quite comfortable around her great great grandmother. Imagine… if she met her grandparents; then she has lived through seven generations and four sultans in Perak. She has seen a lot. For someone at her age, I imagine she is in good shape; she could walk and still do things without any help at all. Her eyesight and hearing has been deteriorating lately though. :-(
Ku Izah’s (my grandaunt) house is quite comfortable; as opposed to the old house they used to stay in. But the situation is quite similar to what happened with my mom’s family. The family usually wants to go back to the great grandmother’s house. Not her house. But everyone seems to be accepting it now. It might be unfair to Ku Izah also if everyone is condemning her because she DOES take care of great grandmother. Enough of that now… Let the elders deal with the family disputes.
Ayah Chu was quite excited with our visit. Maybe he is bored living with two old ladies without anyone to talk to. He made us spaghetti and lots of other food. I think I’ve eaten a week’s worth of calories in the two days we were in Kuala Kangsar. But he seems happy, so it’s okay. It’s not like we do it all the time. Ku Izah didn’t mention about the Raja Ampuan’s land… I was really hoping to hear how much she was willing to take for that piece of land. There’s still much else to tend to; but having a house there would be nice. After all, uncle Murad bought over great grandmother’s land. At least we’d have a kampong to go back to. If the Teluk Intan project goes according to plan, I’ll make her an offer.
I called Sharifah Nawal from there too. It’s been ages since I heard from her. At first she didn’t know who I was… why would she? We haven’t seen each other in 13 years. Well, we managed to ask what each other is doing and set another rendezvous online tonight (she’s already 1 hour late though… >:-|). It would be nice to know what she is up to now. All that I know so far is she works in DHL and she is still single and available… hubba hubba… anyways, she’s off limits… for now a least :-P
That’s enough for now I guess… I’ll write later okay… I promise.
~ShaZ

No comments: