Sunday, January 02, 2005

2005.... *sigh*

I have been neglecting my blog again… that’s just because I have been pretty stressed lately. My shop is not turning out how it’s supposed to be. Besides I haven’t had much time to myself. My uncle came down from KL so we spent most of the time showing him around, and looking for a new shop (… because the last vendor that took our deposit apparently had some problems with the previous tenant. It’ quite a bitch really… well this tenant of his gave him a notice before his two year contract is finished. So he told the landlord to just forfeit his deposit and forget about the whole damned thing… but ‘no’… this bloodsucking sonofab*tch want to sue the guy to pay him another year’s rent. WTF!!! So his lawyer; bless his soul for advising me to back out of this one and told the property broker to return my cheque; called the whole thing off. My check came back looking half chewed… would it have been valid in such a condition anyways. I know I should not mind but the there’s that little feeling of anger in my heart; it’s like a disgrace of my cheques; with MY signature to be treated in such a manner. Enough about that…). My uncle is really a fun guy, he works for DRB HICOM and we call him Uncle Mie. He is actually my mum’s cousin but my grandparents took care of him so he’s like a real uncle. He took care of me and my sister too sometime back. Well, the shop that I plan to set up is basically for him and my sister. They seemed eager to do it and I am happy to be able to help.
We drove around the island; taking numbers that agents have pasted on shop lots for let. Anyways, we had a good time. He is happy too, I think.
The New Year’s Eve was spent at home. I was a little sad that all the festivities were cancelled because of the Tsunami. I guess it’s for the best. Going out would mean more damage to my credit card limit anyways. So we stayed home and stuffed our face. Uncle Mie is a good cook and he likes cooking. So he cooks the food when he’s around. He made a large lunch and that day. We had rice, fish, chicken and vegetables. I ate like a pig (even without my pill… way to go…). So I am proud to say I entered 2005 stuffing my face with food… hahaha… what a way to go…
New Year’s Day was spent at home with my family. Uncle Mie’s ticket is at 5:30pm so we thought we’d spend the day at home. I played with my niece most of the day.
My Master’s proposal is still lying on the cabinet; catching dust; I just don’t have the mood. Maybe I’ll get some of it done today. I should have time. I have been neglecting my everyday swim too… Gosh I feel bloated.
We sent him to the station and I, mom and dad went around some more to find a new location. There’s just not one to our taste. We were all starting to feel pretty depressed by then. We drove back and by the time we got back the sun had already set. I was; by then; developing a bitch-of-a-headache. After prayers I dozed tried to sleep a little but couldn’t… was still too pissed. I turned on my notebook and checked my email. Saw Michael there and chatted with him a little. He’s a cute character… I told him I was depressed and he told me to watch a movie on my notebook… Simple!! I wish it were that simple. Leonard came in later, I was happy… I like chatting with Leonard. He makes me feel like an idiot most of the time but I like him. He seems very honest. Well, we chatted about boobs and asses and Marion… hehehehe… and not to mention how I hate low cut pants. Thank you Lenny for cheering me up. I better sign off now. I have a meeting in a few minutes… Damned businessmen.
~ShaZ

No comments: