Saturday, June 18, 2005

a DaY aT UM...

Hi Boo… My day at UM yesterday was quite alright. I started the day early because Mami (Uncle Mie’s stepmother) had passed on that morning. Abah wanted to go pay his last respect so he had to drop me off at UM early. I had tried to contact Luqman a couple of times because I wanted him to accompany me at the Expo they were having at the examination hall… I couldn’t get him so I called Juniady who was getting ready for work. He is a volunteer at the National Science Center again… at RM5/hr he seems content… oh well… so I started to get dressed and Luqman called back when I was in the bathroom… I returned his call afterwards and we agreed to meet there in a couple of minutes. I called Dr Nik who was already on the way there to tell her I was going to show… she wanted to introduce me to some of the researchers there… so I waited for Luqman for a few minutes because the office needed him to do something before he could leave… the Expo was quite nice… Ramang was in charge of one of Professor Masjuki’s booth… he seemed happy… I also met Dr. Sahar, En. Ibrahim… all of them still remember me somehow… but hey, who could forget… hehe Dr. Nik showed me the research using the Atomic Force Microscope that had been done by Dr. Roslan (another one of my Asasi lecturer) and I asked for his number… I later called him to tell him I was interested on the AFM and he seem to be excited to hear from me… so I guess this project is going to work after all… hopefully no more changes…
I stayed on at the Department after Friday prayers to attend a seminar by one of Professor Masitah’s student… just to see what I have to do in the future… Ang Wee Lee was there…. He is exactly how I left him… hehe Salam was also hanging around Luqman’s room and he left when we went for the seminar… Abah gone home from the funeral so he told me to get a ride from Anna… so I had to stay at Salam’s until about 7 o’clock before Anna comes to get me… I met Junaidy and Ismail there… and Salam’s housemate… who was from Sarawak and quite cute… for a guy… I was tired by then, not having fully recovered from the flu and all… by the time I got home with Anna and Zul it was like 9 o’clock…
I took a shower and chatted a little with Nathan… then a little more with Miri and Nawal (who is working at Istana Hotel now)… there were no one else online and Leonard was nice enough to amuse me because I was dead bored reading about AFMs for a few hours… he stayed until about 1:30 am or so… I think… I continued my AFM homework until about 2:40 am and then went to bed…
Today is all about lazing about and recovering… and of course playing with Puteri… I am going to clean up my hard-disk a little now… it’s a mess I tell you…
So I’ll write more later…
Bless…
~ShaZ

1 comment:

burn666 said...

Dear Shaz,

Your five questions are now ready to be answered.

Regards,

Patrick Roger Wei-Min Pincon

;)