Friday, June 03, 2005

yOu kNoW mE? I kNoW yOu?!

I saw this 100 things about me thing on Pat’s blog and it occurred to me that I mightn’t be able to write 100 things about me… do I know myself that well?! Let’s see… I couldn’t join the webring thingy because they aren’t accepting anymore members so I’ll just write my own 100 things about me list… :P

1. My name is Raja Shazrin Shah bin Raja Ehsan Shah
2. I am the only son in the family and I have two sisters
3. I still live with my parents
4. I don’t have a girlfriend (pathetic huh?!) and for some reason I have been hit on by more guys than girls (just when you think things couldn’t get any worse)
5. I think I am very ugly and I don’t like to look in the mirror
6. I enjoy shopping… as long as I am not paying (I am very stingy when it’s my money :P)
7. I have enough clothes for a whole month’s cycle (or maybe more) without repeats and yet I always feel like I have nothing to wear
8. I hate to wear a ‘songkok’ and I never wear a ‘kopiah’
9. Generally, I think I am a nice person… easy to approach and befriend
10. I like making friends
11. I don’t like to leave the house… and my longest stay in the house without leaving for any reason (except Friday prayers) is more than two weeks… (yikes!!!)
12. I like to garden… back when I was in Jordan, had my own garden (and a gardener whom I’ve never seen who takes care of all the dirty stuff like weeding…) complete with broccoli, cauliflower, celery, leek, carnations (which didn’t come out so nice btw), more than two dozen matured rose bush of all colors, iris, a fig tree, a peach tree, grape vine that grows nicely in the backyard, and aloe-vera which have matured and grew into a nice round shape and the flowers blooms every spring…
13. I like to sew… something I picked up from my mother, I can make shirts, blouses, baju kurung, baju melayu, dresses and a bunch of other things…
14. I like to cook… I like to feed people the things that I cook…
15. I like it when people complement me…
16. It’s hard for me to say no to people
17. I am still a virgin… (did I just type that…?!) :P
18. I get hooked to things very easily and I get bored with things very easily too.
19. I was born in Kuala Terengganu
20. I lived in Taman Tun Dr Ismail for ten years
21. I went to Sekolah Rendah Damasara Jaya (2) for primary and continued to Moharram Islamic English School in Cairo, Egypt for my prep-school.
22. We moved around to Amman, Jordan and Istanbul, Turkey for the next two years or so, and came back to Malaysia for my PMR and SPM
23. I joined the Chemical Engineering Department, Faculty of Engineering at the University of Malaya for my Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering (graduated in four years in 2004) and later (and currently still…) continued to do my Masters in Engineering Science there researching on membrane technology and the possibilities of its application for environmental and zero waste applications…
24. I like the library
25. I have borrowed all the cookbooks available at the UM library
26. I am 5’ 10 ½” tall, black hair, eyes… slightly plump… wears glasses…
27. I don’t drink
28. I am addicted to coffee
29. I have gone without sleep for 3 days before after which I became delirious
30. I haven’t done any form of drugs
31. I can eat 8 pieces of chicken from KFC
32. I don’t eat fish
33. I have slept for more than 24 hours straight before
34. I work and study
35. I am a Chief Executive Officer at my company
36. I hate my job and I love my job (don’t ask!!!)
37. I like meeting people
38. I hate going to mamak stalls and I hate going to ‘pasar malam’
39. I hate to sit in the front passenger seat in a car because I get carsick (except when it’s an SUV or MPV)… I always sit in the backseat, on the left side
40. I have been called a bitch before
41. I have called someone a bitch before (at a government office one day… that woman was really on my nerves… so I just snapped at her… “BITCH!!!”)
42. I hate to sleep with air-conditioning
43. I try to keep fit by going to the gym but I’ve had to give it up recently because of the busy time schedule but I plan to take it up again
44. I like to sauna…
45. I like the Jacuzzi
46. My favorite colors are yellow and black
47. My favorite book is the Prodigal Daughter by J. Archer
48. I drink a lot of water
49. My hair grow upward for some reason (like Marge Simpson :P)
50. I like it when people suck up to me
51. but I hate people who suck up to me
52. I like to watch the Disney Channel
53. I miss living in Egypt, I want to go spend three months there and take a cruise down the Nile
54. I hate to see women in hipsters, especially those cut really low…
55. I don’t trust people very easily
56. I really believe that family comes first
57. I believe that money spent for my family is spent for a good cause
58. I like to pay for my family
59. I don’t believe in giving people choices… people can just be too stupid to understand more than two choices (I can see this in politic, and even everyday life… sheesh people…!!!) so it always has to be yes or no, this or nothing…
60. I think that life is very precious
61. I like computer games…
62. I work better under pressure
63. I like to help people
64. I like chicken and meat
65. I eat almost anything (but fish)
66. I believe everyone should have a goal in life… and no matter ho stupid it may be everyone should have the guts to try and get what they want… those who don’t are cowards.
67. My life is currently focused on making money and graduating again…
68. My social life in danger now… the only people I meet are mostly business associates.
69. I like my peaceful life but I feel lonely at times
70. I try not to drink more than four mugs of coffee a day
71. I strongly believe in cronyism (my friends should know)
72. I am a very patient man… the only time I lost it was during a students council meeting back in uni (I was the Secretary General) when I started to shout at everyone and for the first and only time in my life thus far hit the table hard… and for good reason too…
73. My jeans size is 33
74. I have a long neck and long arms (my tailor told me I couldn’t buy things off the rack because my arms are 1” longer than average)
75. I spend most of my money on the car, groceries, clothes, food, food, and more food…
76. I am very bad with faces and with names too
77. I strongly agree with Pat when he wrote “I think individuals have to bear a greater sense of responsibility for their choices and the potential consequences.” Because I always feel sad to see young men/women here waste their lives
78. I think it’s hard for me to fall in love with someone… (hence the still single status)
79. I always feel like I don’t know myself
80. I hate it when people say they know me because I don’t know me…
81. I don’t drive, never have and never will… I was born to be driven (and for good reason)
82. I don’t know how to keep a grudge
83. I hate to speak on the telephone… I hate making calls and I hate taking calls
84. I don’t believe in ghosts
85. I startle easily
86. I am trying to lose weight
87. I don’t watch TV much nowadays
88. I get mood swings sometimes (and I’ll bitch about everything and everyone)
89. I like to bitch…
90. I hate racism and discrimination of any sort…
91. I like to study (I don’t know why… I think I’ll go all the way and get my PhD)
92. I like to talk… yap yap yap yap
93. I don’t like people commenting when I am working, wait until I am finished dammit
94. My room is always a mess
95. I like oranges and I hate rambutans
96. I like my steak medium rare
97. I hate having changed my research topic a few times now
98. When I have saved enough money, I want to buy a 3 carat diamond ring for myself
99. I like to read
100. I don’t know what else to say… I sleep with 8 pillows on my bed.

There ya go…. Hey wake up…

100 Things

2 comments:

burn666 said...

See? That wasn't too hard right? ;)

And whats wrong with rambutans??? *shock* ;)

Unknown said...

FYI rambutans stick between your teeth and I hate that :P... hehe