Wednesday, June 29, 2005

tHe eNgLisH iS hOrRiBLe... dAmNeD biTcHeS!!!


Hey Boo… It may sound pathetic to you but highlight of the day was my meeting with the IPPP Bulletin technical committee at the Postgraduate Institute, University of Malaya. Professor Nik chaired the meeting for about fifteen minutes and left for some workshop that she had to attend… or something like that; so much for having a discussion about my research today. The other four members didn’t know the direction of the meeting. Actually I don’t see their function in the committee at all… all they do is relay messages and liase with the authors of the pre-decided articles. Even Ann could do that :P; at one point I had to listen to them condemn my English writing (I had to write one of the articles in the last issue… I got crap so I wrote crap… simple…) “… the English is horrible.” Well let’s see them check the articles one by one this time… actually I shouldn’t get so worked up about this; I mean the article could have been better. But I wasn’t in the mood that day; and the due date was so close… oh well… the heck with it.
Later, Mama Anne called and told me that a letter had arrived for me at her house… it’s actually the offer letter my admission at University of Malaya. I am so happy… finally I’ll be a registered student. Registration sure took long enough.
I heard on the news that some kid got beat up to death at Gurney Drive… such a horrible thing to happen. The thing is, I used to live there… gosh. It is such a good neighborhood and the problem makers are not from there at all… I remember how the biker gang used to create a ruckus in the wee hours of the night. Sometimes they would have fights. The residents there would complain and report them to the police, but they kept coming back. Damned hooligans…
Bless…
ShaZ

No comments: