Saturday, April 02, 2005

a DaY aT IpS...

Hey Boo… So I had coffee in the car and by the time I got to UM it was almost 10:30 am… I told Professor Nik I’d be there by 10… damn… I thought… but as I was about to enter the Institute of Postgraduate Studies building my phone ringed… It was her telling me she’ll be coming in five minutes… great… I told her I was already at IPS and she apologized for making me wait…
She found my application form… thank god… A little alterations to my proposal and that was set aside… this happened in the first hour… with Professor Nik whisking in and out of the room entertaining a bunch of people who are going to Geneva with her tomorrow. So I quietly worked on her Dell and then fooling around with her Fujitsu notebook. Devaraj arrived a little later and he filled in some recommendations for my proposal… he wants to be my co-supervisor… I don’t mind… he is an expert in the field after all, and he’d be much help I am sure of it… so then I helped him set his notebook and Professor Nik’s notebook to run the video at the Geneva convention… fixed their PowerPoint slide to run in a loop for their display… copied some backup files for them… all this while we discussed my project and the rubber industry… :P and then we were off to lunch… Devaraj’s treat… at the Grand City in Section 11… not to bad… I had a big heap of rice on banana leaf… gosh I must have had enough to feed three people… diet my ass… :P topic of discussion was my career up to my PhD and then university politics, then we were bitching about some guy… the Head of Civil Engineering Department I think… :P so by the time this was over it was almost 4 pm… my brain was saturated with my project, the rubber industry, and the Geneva convention… I have seen so much I feel like I am going there too… :P 6 hour meeting… hehehe… all in one… discussion + lunch + bitching…
Mama, Abah and Tanti picked me up from IPS and we headed to Giant to get coffee… can’t bear to go through another day without coffee… there was some sausage eating competition there… boy they are going all out to get people to eat sausage again… I don’t mind… if sausages become cheaper, all the better for me… I love sausages… 
Got back fooled around with Neopets a while… Leonard said hi but I was too sleepy to chat… he said he was chatting with someone… I was too sleepy to wait in line… so we exchanged goodbyes… made coffee and saw Crayon Sin Chan on tv… Nathan was looking for me so I turned on my PC again… said hi to some of my friends… chatted with Nathan for a while… read Leonard’s Blog… gave some stupid comment… I am so not in a position to comment… sheesh… ah well…
So now here I am… going to retire early I think… need rest… got more paperwork to get rid of tomorrow…
That’s all for now I guess…
Bless…
~ShaZ

No comments: