Tuesday, April 19, 2005

tHe wEEkEnd dRaiNeD mE...

Hello Bloggy Boo… I haven’t written since Thursday eh?! Sorry for that… had a lot on my mind… Nothing much happened on Thursday really… I spent the morning looking through some paperwork and getting some work done for the IPPP bulletin. I had confirmed the meeting with Professor Nik at 2:30 pm the day before. So that morning I took my time to get some work done. Before I realized it was already 2:00 pm. We all got ready; all of us had to go because we had to drop Puteri over to Anna and Zul’s place for the weekend. We didn’t think it was appropriate for her to tag along this time. By the time all of us got ready it was 15 minutes to 3:00 pm. By the time I got to IPS, UM it was a little after 3:15 pm. Professor Nik was praying so I had to wait a while. I hadn’t gotten much done because I have been terribly busy the past few days. Ah well... So we chatted a bit… it was raining like nobody’s business outside. After we settled the IPPP thing and had a discussion about my MEngSc, Jenny (Sarah) came to see Professor Nik. She offered to take me to the department after her meeting. I had called Luqman like ten times by then. No answer. So later; about 5:30 pm Jenny took me to the department in her Kenari… It was my first time in a Kenari… it’s quite spacious despite the ‘bun-mobile’ look… we chatted for a while about our research projects, bitched about some of the other researchers… and at about 6:00 pm Luqman called… apparently he was at some English class at British Council… He’ll be back late so I won’t be seeing him that day… he told me he’ll be taking next week (this week) off so I won’t be seeing him for a while… oh well… there’s always another day for bitching with Luqman… :P
Abah picked me up after I called… since I knew Luqman wasn’t coming… I left Jenny and came back to Vista with Abah… We stayed there until about 9:00 pm… Anna and Zul were very late from work… I was very tired and uncomfortable by then… we left Puteri with her and drove over to Uncle Mie’s place… yups… *nods* all the in Batu Caves… because Mama wanted to pick up the tracksuit and jacket he got for her from DRB-Hicom… I changed in the car into a sleeveless t-shirt. He and Mizi had two guys over when we arrived… they were discussing some trips to be organized… they left after about five minutes… we chatted for a while… Mizi served Milo, keropok melinjo, and keropok from Terengganu… we left a little after midnight because I was watching Treasure Island on TV… we were very very very hungry by then because we had skipped breakfast and had very little for brunch… we drove all the way to Cheras and finally stopped at the only shop that was open near our place… it was some Thai food… I had my usual order of fried kuay tiow when I am out to these kinds of places… the wood was a little bland though… or maybe we were awful sleepy and tired… we drove back home… washed my face… prayed… changed… and slept… had to wake up early tomorrow…
Friday started at 7:00 am for me… I was the first to be up… everyone was tired from the night before I guess… we did some quick packing up and got dressed… we were supposed to meet Sarimah and family at 8:30 am… we were ready on time though… Tan was running a little late and we needed to get some lifejackets for the boat so Sarimah and family came up to our place to wait for Tan… they brought Bibi’ this time… Ta arrived a little after 9:00 am and we drove to some shop in Salak South to get our lifejackets… apparently the supplier will only deliver to them by noon so we had to forget about the damn thing… (it’s a swim if anything goes wrong :P)… we started our drive to Teluk Intan… Had our usual stop to buy Pau… checked into Anson Hotel… as usual my credit card gave problem during verification… hooked up the PS (we were smart this time… hehehe) and my notebook… left the suite to go out shopping a little… bought some nice yellow shoes for the next day’s ceremony…I bought myself some shirts… Sarimah and family were out on a hopping spree… they bough a bunch of stuff… we went back to our suites… I was playing on the PS2 with Azid… until about 2:30 am… had to be ready by 7:00 am the next day :P… Hazmi was very tired by then….
I was playing the Grand Theft Auto… it was hilarious… my mouth hurt from too much laughing… set my cell phone to wake us up at 6:00 am… slept…
Saturday…
I had switched off the alarmed and dozed of another 20 minutes… Dato’ called at 6:30 am to tell us he was ready… damn… we got dressed real quickly… made it ten minutes later than planned… we drove to Bagan Datoh… the shop we wanted to take breakfast was closed so we drove around the small town to find a shop that was open… found a mamak shop… had a small breakfast…
The boat was a little late but all of us were in Betin Berah Basah at around 11 am…
The ceremony took place at 12:20 that day… it was another three hours before they managed to cook all the food… ate at 3:00 pm… chicken, mutton, rice and vegetables… it was really sunny at the beach that day…
We had to walk about 3 km to the next destination… where the Perak Sultans had their spiritual coronation… did our thing… and had to go through a whole lot of muddy terrain to get to our pickup area… the mud was so deep at some parts… our new shoes were destroyed… we sunk all the way to our thighs at some points… we progressed slowly but made it through… the Dato’ almost had an asthma attack and Tan looked like he was going to have a stoke… we rested a while… more bad news came… apparently some tree fell onto the road and our cars couldn’t access the area… more walking… the villagers came to help with motorbikes… the slowly transported us to the main road where our cars were waiting… we were happy to have everything settled before dark…
Drove back to the hotel…
A little more PS2 with Azid before I went to bed…
Sunday…
A little more shopping… drive back to KL… got back at 7:00 pm… Anna and Zul came over to drop Puteri off… we were soooooooooo tired… slept…
Yesterday…
Still very tired… woke up at noon… slept… Ann woke me up when she called to ask about the bulletin… actually I got some work done in Teluk Intan… :P
Today…
Need to get some work done… still tired… but necessary…
So better go now… Later kay…
Bless…
~ShaZ

No comments: