Friday, February 25, 2005

BloGgiNg oN WoRd... DaMn

Hello Bloggy Boo… Don’t ask why I am still blogging on Word because I am going to tell you anyway… :P I’ve been neglecting you again because it’s just getting too frustrating to blog and not being able to post it… it’s not really blogging come to think of it because blog is web log so it’s more like log… :P that’s so lame… :P look what no connection has made me become… anyways, an update on bitchy things…
Wednesday, February 23rd 2005
Let’s see… it’s been a few days… Hmmm… yeah we went to Vista that day… to get more stuff from the old apartment… there just seems to be no end to it… I am surprised we have that much stuff with us… I really am… Mama told Riza to meet us there… I don’t know why because it’d been easier to meet him in Cheras… Ah well… she must have her reasons… so we went there and got packing… Anna called and told us to wait until she gets back before we leave so mama took out some chicken and fish (I think you call them Bawal…) for dinner… there’s not much stuff because my sister doesn’t really cook so Tanti just ended frying them… after lunch Abah and I were supposed to go get the Sorento serviced… I don’t know what happened but somewhere along the line Abah got really pissed and didn’t want to go… I prayed Zuhur and asked him nicely… it was better to get that out of the way… so the two of us went out… We left Mama, Tanti and Puteri back in Vista… we got there and this Kia guys goes… The maintenance book is wrong… Sorento should be serviced for the first 1,000 km, then 15,000 km and 30,000 km… not 1,000 km then 10,000 km and 15,000 km… like in the book… we were already in 19,000+ km anyway… so that wasted a few hours of our time… not to mention the drive in KL after lunch hour… sheesh… what a stupid thing to do… you’d think these things should be checked out… wtf is wrong with these people… somewhere along the line I got a call from Telekom asking if they could come over 3:30 to hook up the line… since service was no more I said okay… so we rushed from Setapak back to Cheras and got there at 3:40… I saw the Telekom van parked up front and went up quickly… I think he was already in the telephone room (the things they have in apartments… I think that’s where all the line connection goes… :P) working on the thing… he came a minute later and hooked up our telephone unit… he told me that we wouldn’t be able to use the phone yet today… if they don’t connect I should call that Aishah person again… I paid him and off he goes… I checked the phone and it gave a busy tone all the time… well at least they have connected it I thought… a few more days then… fuck I have been waiting all time already anyway… :P
So we drove back to Vista after a cup of coffee… I even managed to settle Puteri’s laundry somewhere along the line… wonderful aren’t I? hmm… :P ‘perasan’…
We packed another load with us back… on the way back we stopped at a shop to get bread and I told Tanti to get me an X-Choc ice cream… I’ll bitch about that later… :P
When we got back there was a new silver BMW parked at our lot… wtf I thought… anyways, we just parked at the visitor’s lot and I left the guy a note… he hand a shitty lot three levels down apparently… maybe he was in a rush… Tanti’s turn to make coffee… I was so beat that night I didn’t even blog… retired early… still no internet connection…
Hang on… Kamal called me… yeah he did… and I forgot to wish him Happy belated B’day again… what an ass I am… I was hoping he’d call… he told me about the job he got at Petronas… good for him… I am so happy for him… but I can’t help but to envy these people… and him too… it’s like I told Dr. Nik… career-wise I am going nowhere… I might have the money… so that’s why I like to get the exposure… she agreed too… it’s like Reef said… about leaving the comfort zone… everyone might think that I have… but I don’t think I have… I have always been a businessman all along… even during my undergrad days… it’s like when I see everyone advance it makes me feel like I haven’t advanced in life… and that really suck... it really does… I am happy for them… my friends that is… but I feel so inferior in comparison… it’s stupid I know… I am self employed… why would someone want to be employed right… but I do somehow… I am stupid… fuck it… the call from Kamal was nice though… hmm… although he didn’t seem to happy for someone giving good news… I didn’t even hear him laugh… or I don’t remember at least… he seemed eager to end the call too… and there were plenty silent moments too… I even asked what was wrong but he just kept quiet and didn’t even notice my question… I think… I guess he was tired or something… there can’t always be something up right… stupid ole’ me…
Missed my swim and sauna too… X-Choc was still in the freezer…
Thursday, February 24th 2005
I stayed home… hoping the TM Net people would come hook us up… they didn’t… I didn’t get much done today… I lazed around literally… I don’t even remember much that happened…
In the afternoon I tried calling Aishah lady again because the phone still had busy tone on it… she finally got the thing hooked around 5:30 pm…
Tanti and I went for our workout at the gym around 5:35pm… managed 2 km on the treadmill… not too good but I don’t want to stress myself too much… what with a history and all… so we went for sauna after that… the guy sauna was off for some reason… I went down to look for the maintenance guy and could find anyone… I was waiting for about a half hour until this Pakistani guy (I think he was Paskitani… :P) asks the guard to call the guy… this guy comes about five minutes later and turns the thing on… a good half hour wasted I thought… fuck that man… Tanti was done earlier because her sauna was already on and she went for a dip in the pool while I went for my sauna… I told her she could go back first but she wanted to wait… we were done at around 7ish…
Got back… Mama told me Nathan called while I as out… he called a little later… he wanted to tell me his PC was okay and asked how to download Mozilla Firefox… and some stuff about Streamyx… I was the info line as usual… I mean it’s not like I am complaining… Premjit called earlier to ask about the R^2 in excel graphs… Aziz about pdf files and stuff… Nathan about how to make mayonnaise, how to make coleslaw, and about English sentences too… some even call to ask for phone numbers… :P high time I set up my own 1-800 number… lolz
After that I had dinner… catfish… for the first time… it wasn’t bad... but didn’t really like it… Mama told me to make muffins because Anna was coming with Zul and Brein and his wife was coming too… I made some wheat muffins… I didn’t know how to control the damned oven though… It was gas fired… never operated one of those in a long time… what’s worse is that it didn’t have that usual gas mark 1, 2, 3 or 4… just low or high…. Damn it… my muffins turned out a little burnt in the bottom but the guests didn’t seem to mind… and we didn’t have anything else to serve anyway… with Puteri around shopping has been difficult…so I guess it’ll have to do… it’s was delicious though… except for the bottom that is… damned oven…
Tanti’s turn to make coffee… hmm… nothing else happened… Hang on… there’s something I just saw on 8 TV quickie just now… was all crap… I almost wept…
They were doing a feature on Sepet… the movie… they had some dudes on to appear and win some tickets… Adam and Marion was live from Sunway Pyramid… so this big Chinese guy (or dude as Adam put it…) comes on smiling… and it was communication hell… he was really big… Adam and Marion had to look up… well not really.. But he was big and tall… so…
Marion goes: wow… you’re really tough… do you work out?..
Big Dude: Yeah I work a lot…
Looking all serious… darn… on national TV too… Adam tried to clear things out… but that’s not all…
Marion & Adam (can’t remember which): Tell us your name…
Big Dude: Ek Tee…
Marion: Aik Tee…?
Adam: like Ek Tee?
Big Dude: Like America Tokyo…
Adam & Marion: Ohhhhh….
Looking all stupid and confused… sheesh… by this time I could bear to look anymore… :P
Adam & Marion: So give us your best impression of Sepet
The Big Dude makes some stupid face with a stupid grin and rolling his eyes and all… I was laughing out already… I didn’t think he understood what sepet was… that or he was just determined to make a fool of himself on TV… I guess Adam couldn’t take much more and says…
Adam: Dude what are you doing?
He stretches his eyes and makes a sepet look and shows the other guy… I didn’t get much already because I was laughing and was looking away… but poor guy… maybe the place was noisy or something… I mean he got all the questions wrong if you could call it that…. Sheesh… but I am not laughing at him… that’s not nice… I guess it could happen to anyone… but it was too much… :P
Oh it’s past 1 am already… I wanna catch some shut eye…
Bless…
~ShaZ

No comments: