Wednesday, February 23, 2005

StiLl OfFLiNe...

Hello Bloggy Boo… I am sorry but I’ve got no choice but to neglect you… It’s so frustrating to blog without being able to post it. I am trying my best though… and hopefully these few blogs will be posted soon… amen.
So it’s been 2 days already… let’s start from Monday.
Monday, February 21st 2005
It’s been a long time sine I’ve set foot in University of Malaya campus… oh how I miss the place… if I had my way, I’d be furthering my studies for the next twenty years I guess… well, by half past eleven I called Prof. Nik Meriam to see whether she was in her office or not. (I still call her Dr. Nik though, even though she’s a full Professor, but she told me once that she just prefer plain old Dr. Nik… so I’ll just stick to that… I am so proud and honored though… for some reason to have her as my supervisor and sometimes employer too… her jobs doesn’t pay much, but often it gives me some exposure and new experiences… that and I just like to help…) she answered and told me she’d be in her IPPP office. So ten minutes later I was already knocking on her door… we started off with the usual how-are-you-s and how-are-things talk… then we moved on to a job she had for me… actually I already have enough on my hands, but she wanted me to be the Director for the Research Bulletin or something like that… well, it seems interesting to be able to go through some articles and being able to write… I love to write… she bragged on how it is hard to find people who can write in English and how I am resourceful with the Internet and all… how can I say no? That and the fact that I loved to write… So I took the job… adding to the pile of brown folders I had on my desk… It’s going to be difficult with my limited resources for now… without a notebook and no internet connection (I’ll bitch about that in a while… :P) so she gave me a stack of past editions for me to go through and told me she’d left the materials at home… we’d go get later if you don’t mind… she said… yeah sure… I go… so then we moved on to discussing my Masters… When she told me there’s a chance to change my project to rubber related stuff earlier… I was already thinking about it, and I asked my mom about it too… so I’ve made up my mind to go into rubber… so I listened to her suggestions on both rubber and POME… but I told her later that I’ve decided to go into rubber… being more sure after listening to her… we chatted a little more… by then it was already a little into lunchtime so we went to the cafeteria in IPPP… she said she’s go there only during emergencies because the food was only tolerable… She had some ‘lauk’ and I had coffee… we chatted with her KP for a while then headed back to her office to get my stuff before we leave. She took me to her house then. She showed be around her big house on the slope… it had a good view, quiet environment, good design, well furnished and the garden is matured and well managed too… it was really a nice place… she took the materials she wanted to give me, gave me a bit of briefing on the stuff… some inaugural lectures and some other articles… and she sent me back to Vista… Abah, Mama and Puteri were waiting there… Riza was already there… he came to see Mama about some business… we took more stuff with us and went back to Cheras… We had missed the appointment with Kia… I had also missed a promised meet-up with Kamal… I couldn’t call him because he broke his cellphone and I meant to call him at home but I totally forgot… I hope he doesn’t mind… Premjit called later asking about some Excel stuff… how the R^2 ~ 1.0 stuff… I the evening I and Tanti went for a swim and sauna too… got about half an hour of sauna and 9 ½ laps in the pool… the ½ is because my left leg cramped halfway across… I made a new friend too… a new sauna date… he is a young Indian man… Ganesh I think he told me his name was… ah well… he only goes once a week… he teaches Music at Ampang but he seems like a nice intelligent guy… had to pick something up from Hamid that night and give to Tan…
Tuesday, February 22nd 2005
Went to Telekom first thing in the morning (… by my standards that’s 10:30 am… :P) to ask wtf is going on… it’s been like 11 days and my line is still not hooked up… WTF man?!... so I told this nice gal at Telekom (tried my best not to flirt… :P but ended up spending 20 minutes with her… :P) and she made some calls… apparently there were some confusion about the address… the bitch in Penang got it wrong… so we settled that… so I went all big-eyed and asked… “can you get the thing hooked up today? Pleasee….”… she considered for a while… whispered to a gal next to her and took out a phone to call the ‘pemasangan section’ they call it… she spoke on the phone for a while and gave me bad news… she was so nice about it too… apparently, all the ports in the area is full… WTF I thought… How can that be?... WTF is wrong with you people? If 200 people live in the area there should be enough ports for 200 people right… WTF man..?! I had an ‘Ally McBeal Moment’… :P so I smiled and asked… “Macam mana kalau macam ni? Tak boleh tolong ke?” she wrote down the phone number of the other section and gave me her phone number too… she said call the woman (a certain Pn Aishah) and if I can’t get hooked... call her… I really needed her to disconnect my old line in Penang because we have new people living there… I wouldn’t want unwanted bills… :P So that was a good whole morning wasted there… we drove around and got nasi lemak…
Tang came to hook up Tanti’s air conditioning… Riza came later to discuss about some agreements… More agreements for me to go through and write up… :P *sigh
Tan came to pick up Hamid’s proposal… Anna and Zul came over after 7 to see Puteri… Did a bit of laundry at 1 am… now here I am.. blogging… on Microsoft Word… shit…
I hope they get us hooked up soon… better go to sleep now…
Bless…
~ShaZ

No comments: